Saturday, December 13, 2008

Organ By Kames 1


Sometime last year, when I was sharing out a bunch of old organ and chime records before Christmas, someone sent me an email asking if I had any Bob Kames records to share out. I have to admit that I had never heard of Bob Kames, nor seen any of his records as far as I could recall. But I promised to keep my eyes and ears open. Sometime later in the year, I came across an empty LP sleeve that said Bob Kames on it and was filled with Christmas music at one time. So I kept looking. I eventually found one, listened to it, liked it, and kept looking. Fast forward to Christmas time, and I have four different Bob Kames Christmas LPs to share with you, and I'm going to try to get them all posted tonight. If you, like me, have never heard Bob Kames play the Christmas organ, then you are in for a shock. He's not the most out-there organist, but he's certainly the most eclectic. You're going to hear carols, hymns, pop songs and even a few stories. As a for instance, this is one of the few albums I've seen that features a cover of The Chipmunk Song, and certainly the first organ I've heard tackle it. So let's get this party started, please download Bob Kames-Organ And Chimes-15 Songs Of Christmas (King 679, Stereo, 1959). More to come...

1. Silent Night
2. The First Noel
3. O Little Town Of Bethlehem
4. It Came Upon A Midnight Clear
5. Joy To The World
6. O Come All Ye Faithful
7. Hark The Herald Angels Sing
8. Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer
9. The Chipmunk Song
10. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
11. White Christmas
12. Jingle Bells
13. Silver Bells
14. Winter Wonderland
15. On Christmas Eve

2 comments:

  1. Thank you.

    Would you happen to know how many versions there are of "Just in Time for Christmas" there are around? I just purchased a couple and am looking for more for a cd comp I would like to do for my wife. It is her favorite Christmas Song.

    PS Great Site!!!! Happy Holidays and thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ernie,

    How much a coincidence is this? I posted this record about 4 hours before you over at Cheerful Earful!

    http://inkydog.blogspot.com/2008/12/bob-kames-organ-and-chimes.html

    I don't have the others, though, so thanks for the shares!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...