Monday, November 27, 2006

Disco Inferno

What? Did I hear you say you wanted more Christmas disco, only better this time? Well, how's about some original tunes, and some semblance of originality? Sound good? Here's a group with no name performing Christmas Disco Party (Classic Christmas CCR 1941, 1979). I stuck the name Max Fagen on these tracks, since he seems to show up the most in the credits, but there really is no group name listed anywhere on the LP. I don't know why I like this album better than the other. Something just strikes me as a lot better. At least they tried to write some original music. Some of the titles are familiar, but they aren't really the songs they pretend to be. Download it and see.

Still not satisfied? Need more boogie? Try over at The Christmas Yuleblog...

2 comments:

  1. Disco Christmas as oxymoron? Not with gems like "Santa Claus Is Disco'n To Town", "Jingle Bell Disco Rock" and my personal favorite "All I Want For Christmas Is A Disco Beat"!!! Move over Bee Gees, and look out Dance Floor, it is time to DISCO! Play It Loud, grab your partner, and dance to a DISCO Christmas beat, baby!!! Happy Holidays, Ernie, and Thank You for sharing the music!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite Disco christmas album!! But I've been searching for the "Funky christmas" album that is at A Christmas Yukeblog.....but I can't seem to download it....do you have it too? Been searching forever...can you help? Thanks Eldon

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...