Saturday, August 06, 2005

The Wood That Doesn't Float


So, I hear you all asking "What do you listen to on the Victrola while you're posting"? Why, the original motion picture score from Sex And The Single Girl, of course. Why that? Well, because the movie was on AMC the other night, and I love Natalie Wood. So there. The movie also stars Tony Curtis, who you can see in the cover photo above with Natalie, as well as Henry Fonda and Lauren Bacall. It must have been a Tony Curtis weekend or something over at AMC because I also caught Operation Petticoat with Curtis and Cary Grant. Back to Sex, though. The soundtrack was done by Neal Hefti (Batman), and according to the liner notes, this was the first soundtrack he had done. The music on the record isn't as great as I remember it being in the movie. Even the title track, with lyrics sung by Fran Jeffries (who is in the movie, but I don't think she sings), isn't as interesting as I had hoped. But at least I get to look at Natalie Wood in her prime! (The title to this post is a bad joke refering to Natalie Wood's death by drowning in 1981. And did you know she was married to Robert Wagner at the time? Actually, she was married to Wagner twice...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...