Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Oodles of Doodles LXIII


(You didn't really think I was going to do a whole month of Chanukah doodles, did you?)

I'm posting this really late because I just spent three and a half hours with the folks from Nielsen Media Research. I am now a Nielsen family. For my three TVs, they installed over a mile of cabling and well over 100 pounds of equipment. I thought there was a mess behind the TV and stereo before, but you should see it now. They even used wireless networking to cut down on the clutter, but it didn't help much. I've never seen so many different technologies put in to play. They even use fiber optics. But I don't think I'm supposed to talk about it.

Tonight's doodle is from Katie Lee With Ray Martin And His Orchestra-Life Is Just A Bed Of Neuroses (RCA Victor LSP-2214, 1960). The front of this LP is covered in similar little doodles, in color even, but they are faint and hard to scan. Katie Lee is well known in hipster circles for her two albums of psychiatric based humorous songs, this one and Songs Of Couch And Consultation. The late 50's/early 60's were a weird time, that's all I can say. The doodle is signed with the name Martin. I don't know if that's first or last name, or if it's any relation to the Ray Martin who conducted the orchestra. Below you'll see the little tag line from the cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...