Friday, August 05, 2005

The Angry Sky-Classic Ernie


This is one of the many, many sunsets I shot out the bedroom window of my old apartment. It was up on the third floor, so I had a pretty unobstructed view of the sky, and I often would glance up, see something interesting, then run to the window and shoot. I think I took the window screens down in the first week I was there, and didn't put them back up for six years. This particular night saw a storm front blowing in at just the right moment for the dying rays of the sinking sun to catch and illuminate the leading edge. It's a great shot, except for the large expanse of overly dark clouds at upper left. But shooters can't be choosers.

(I just went back and read the previous post I linked to up above. It's eerie how I repeated myself almost word-for-word three months later. Sorry about that. I'll try to be more original in the future.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...