Saturday, July 01, 2023

Christmas In July 2023-Part 1

And now it's time to get this party started! After yesterday's quick prelude, I'm happy to start Christmas In July for 2023. It's a daily dose of Christmas music that's taken from non-Christmas albums. Hard to find this stuff, and that's why I began to collect such things. It's frequently things that you aren't going to find anywhere else (though some ringers do occasionally slip in). As you know, I love Christmas music, and the more obscure the better. These tracks are usually things that you aren't going to hear on the radio and you'll probably have a hard time finding them to stream anywhere. It's just a few tracks a day, but it will add up to quite the collection by the end of the month. If something strikes your fancy, please leave me a little comment so I know what you enjoyed. Here's the list of what's in the share for this first installment.

1. Kathy Lecinski-I Love The Winter
2. Red Garter-Winter Wonderland
3. State Radio Orchestra Of The U.S.S.R.-Conducted By Samuel Samosud-Children's Chorus Under Direction Of V. Sokolov-Winter Holiday (Children's Suite): Evening Around The Stove
4. Marni Nixon-Orchestral Accompaniments By Ed Jurey-Funny Little Snowman
5. The Ray Bryant Trio-Greensleeves
6. Czech Film Symphony Orchestra Conducted By Vaclav Neumann-November (Troika)

And as usual, here's a link for the download. Follow the link, download the file, and give it a listen. I'll be back with more tomorrow! Hope you're having a good July so far.

MEGA

16 comments:

  1. Dude! Man! Thrilled, I say, thrilled that you're back with us, very much looking forward to your shares!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We'll see what I can pull out of my hat this year. :)

      Delete
    2. If they haven't yet made an appearance in this series in years past, two that would be perfect for this list is "Greensleeves" by Wayne King on his Decca LP The Waltz King and "My Favorite Things" from Lenny Dee from the LP of the same name, that has got a great version of "Downtown" leading off the record.

      Delete
    3. I've shared so much over the years, I can't remember what I have and haven't shared anymore. I'll have to do a search. But thanks for the suggestion!

      Delete
  2. And here you are, right on time! So glad to have your daily posts for the next month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What album does the Marni Nixon cut appear on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe it's a children's educational record from the 60's. Got a few more tracks from the same LP coming up. Should be some more details in the MP3 metadata, but I don't have it in front of me at the moment.

      Delete
  4. as always, thanks for keeping this tradition alive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to support the internet, one post at a time. :)

      Delete
  5. anonymous? ooops. now I got it. ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the login process is a bit funny lately, and doesn't work sometimes at all. :(

      Delete
    2. More than one of my hardy band of followers have complained about being unable to log in. I think they believe I have something to do with it!

      Delete
    3. It's weird. Sometimes I can make it work by clicking back and forth between this comment screen and a window where I'm already logged in. I'm wondering if it's a Firefox issue. Not too many users still on the old FF...

      Delete
    4. Yeah, I had problems with FF myself. It finally became too clunky and I switched to Chrome.

      Delete
    5. I like it, but that could just be because I've been using it for some long. Beats Internet Explorer. :)

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...