Sunday, July 02, 2023

Christmas In July 2023-Part 2

Look at that, we're up to day 2 already. Time flies when you're listening to Christmas music. I've got another six tracks for you today, at least half of which I think are new music that I haven't shared with you before. As I do this longer and longer, I find that I can't remember what I've shared before and what I haven't. I find a record with a Christmas song on it, bring it home, record it, then when I'm adding it to the library it pops up as a duplicate. Maybe they sound better the second time around or maybe like me, you don't remember it. But it gets harder and harder each year to find new and unique stuff. Discogs has been a huge help because I can search for the needles in the stacks but it's a little more expensive than Goodwill and Salvation Army stores (not that they're all that cheap anymore...). Anyhow, I hope you enjoy the new and old music today, and every day for the rest of the month. It's good stuff, see for yourself.

1. The Shawnee Choir-Earl Willhoite, Director-Richard Lindroth, Accompanist-Soloist: Jean Ann Wolbert, Soprano-Christmas Was Meant For Children
2. The Vanguard Singers-Mary, Mary
3. University Of Massachusetts Studio Concert Band, Conducted By Jeff Holmes-Winter Festival Pak: December Fireside
4. Iroquois Junior Public School Primary & Senior Choirs, Choir Director-Shirley Munroe-What Child Is This
5. The Ringing Belles-Rachael Kuivinen, Director-Come, All Ye Shepherds
6. Hap Palmer-We Wish You A Merry Christmas-Instrumental

Be my guest...

MEGA

4 comments:

  1. I hear you about dupes. I hate it when I prepare something only to find that I posted it a decade ago!

    Glad to have you posting, duplicates or not!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it wasn't for dupes, it would be a pretty slow season. But hopefully I got cleaner copies and better rips the second time around. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks for giving it a listen. I feel like that record has been in my collection for ages, but I just this year got around to paying it any attention.

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...