Thursday, November 25, 2021

Thanksgiving Day Past

One of the things I wanted to do this year was to draw some much-needed attention to the vast collection of music that's still available in the archives from the last five years or so. That covers all of the time I've been back at posting since taking a season or two off, and it's all still hosted at MEGA. (Note that sometimes you have to look in the comments for a working link, but they should be there somewhere.) Anyhow, here's a short list with a highlight and a link to shares from years' past on Thanksgiving Day that you might have missed. And I certainly won't be linking to all the old stuff that's still out there. Poke around and you will find many, many old shares that are still going strong, just waiting to be discovered!

2016

One of the great records put out by the Air Force Recruiting Office that you're not going to find at the local music store.

2017

Who are the LaFalce Brothers?

2018

A rare LP of all new Christmas songs. I can't tell you if they're any good or not, but they're new!

2019

Fun with Dr. Fun! I recently had to enter this one into the database at Discogs. If I don't, who will? Actually, there are lots of my shares that aren't over there, and I'm slowly working to fix that oversight.

2020

Oh, this was the year when I did all 78s from The Internet Archive. Some folks didn't like it but I loved it. So many good records that I've never seen or heard before. Enjoy

So that's the list for today. I'll try to put out a quick list every day if I can. And remember, if you haven't seen it before, it's new to you!

3 comments:

  1. I for one loved the Internet Archive stuff, not that I don't love everything you post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Buster! ^ Was nice to get some moldy oldies that aren't on a dozen different xmas compilations

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 78s were great stuff, I loved them! I've got a bunch more this year, but I haven't had time to tag many of them. Not sure if I'll get to them, or if I'll save them for something else. There are really some great lost tunes out there!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...