Tuesday, December 22, 2020

30-Santa Claus

OK, that last share was a little short, so here's a bonus share that's running over at the brim with songs about the man of the hour, Santa Claus! There are a bunch of good songs in here that I bet you've never heard, as well as a couple of standards. And as usual, it all comes from the cast collections at The Internet Archive. I hope you enjoy this second, bonus collection for today.  Christmas isn't far away, I hope you're more prepared than I am!

MEGA

Update-5 Jan 2023-Added a tracklist for searchability.

1. Kitty Kallen-Orchestra Directed By Jack Pleis-Baby Brother (Santa Claus, Dear Santa Claus)
2. Lionel Hampton And His Orchestra-Vocal Chorus By Sonny Parker-Boogie Woogie Santa Claus
3. Steve Allen And Ricky Vera With Orchestra Directed By George Cates-Can I Wait up for Santa Claus?
4. Lu Ann Simms, Orchestra Under The Direction Of Percy Faith-I Dreamt That I Was Santa Claus
5. Eileen Scott-I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
6. Bernie Cummins And His Orchestra-I Told Santa Claus To Bring Me You
7. Guy Lombardo And His Royal Canadians-Vocal Chorus By Kenny Gardner-If I Were Santa Claus
8. Jimmy Wakely With Cowboy Band-If Santa Claus Could Bring You Back To Me
9. Vera Lynn, With Orchestral Accompaniment-I'm Sending A Letter to Santa Claus
10. Cowboy Copas, Vocal With String Band-I'm Tired Of Playing Santa Claus To You
11. Putney Dandridge And His Orchestra-Santa Claus Came In The Spring From "To Beat The Band"
12. Owen Bradley And His Quartet-Vocal By Dottie Dillard-Santa Claus Looks Like My Daddy
13. Russ Morgan And His Orchestra-Vocal Chorus By Russ Morgan And The Morganaires-Willy Claus (Little Son Of Santa Claus)
14. Freddy Martin And His Orchestra-Vocal Refrain By Stuart Wade And The Martin Men-On The Santa Claus Express
15. Ken Griffin At The Organ-Santa's Coming
16. Jimmie Selph-The Little Boy's Letter To Santa Claus
















4 comments:

  1. I don't know if his record is any good, but Putney Dandridge had one of the great bandleader names.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of Dabney Coleman for some reason. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't thank you enough, Ernie, for always making my Christmases brighter. Thank you, thank you, thankyouverymuch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you've enjoyed the holiday around here! Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...