Thursday, July 16, 2020

Nutcracker In July 16

Now that we've made it past the halfway point, well, nothing's really going to change. I've still got a nutcracker a day for you for the time being.  Today's version is by Andre Kostelanetz And His Orchestra (or Kosty to his friends), from the LP Nutcracker Suite + Music Of Tchaikovsky (Columbia Masterworks ML 4151, Mono, 1950). I believe Kostelanetz was Russian, just like Tchaikovsky, so perhaps he was a special feel for this music.  Give it a listen and let me know what you think.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks, Ernie. Big fan of Kostelanetz's versions of the Nutcracker. In fact, you've shared several during previous July's, but nothing back to 1950 I don't believe. Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've recorded other individual songs for this year as well, but I'm not sure what to do with them. I haven't been mixing them up with the other CiJ shares like I normally would.

    And every year is chock full of repeats from previous years. If I find the record again, and it's in good shape or I remember enjoying it, I'll grab it again and start over. :) But that's starting to get expensive and I ran out of room for more records a long time ago. Things are going to have to change... :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Ernie. I am preparing a Kosty post myself.

    If you are running out of room for records, clearly you need a bigger place, not fewer records.

    ReplyDelete

  4. "If you are running out of room for records, clearly you need a bigger place, not fewer records."

    Yes, it's all a matter of perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, yes, I do need more room. But right now it's either room for the records or room for the girlfriend. ;)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...