Friday, December 20, 2019

They're Back Again!

One more is never enough when you can have two more, so here's yet another album from The Lundstroms! This time around it seems to be the soundtrack to a video special they made, and there are plenty of special moments you don't get on the other discs. Lots of chit chat, and an actual sermon from family patriarch Lowell! Don't tell me I didn't save the best for last. Same deal with this one, it got left in the car yet didn't melt. Hard to believe, but true. This is The Lundstroms' Wilderness Christmas-Special Partners' Edition (Message Records M-7904, Stereo, 1979). Special Edition!  See how great I am to you.  Having said that, I find no evidence there was ever a non-special edition.  Maybe you'd like a participation trophy, too, I've got a whole stack here...

1. Something Great Is Happening
2. Headin' Home For Christmas
3. On A Winter Day
4. Look Out Bear
5. The Joy He Brings To Me
6. The Joys Of Christmas Day
7. Jesus Is My Gift
8. Wilderness Day
9. Christmas Medley
10. We Sing Christmas Day
11. Welcome Back Jesus
12. Jingle Bells
13. Christmas Message
14. Hosanna

MEGA

9 comments:

  1. Huh. There is a version on eNay at the moment that doesn't have the Special Partners' Edition branding...

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-LUNDSTROMS-WILDERNESS-CHRISTMAS-ALBUM-BRU-/112815528534

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tracklists are different. According to the back cover on eBay, here is the contents of the non-Special Edition:

    1. Something Great Is Happening
    2. Christmas Medley
    3. The Joys Of Christmas Day
    4. Headin' Home For Christmas
    5. Jesus Is My Gift
    6. Hosanna
    7. On A Winter Day
    8. Wilderness Christmas Theme (Not on the Special Edition?)
    9. Look Out Bear
    10. We Sing Christmas Day

    Now I gotta dig this one up...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one seems promising! Thank you. I'm curious about the non special edition if it does come across your turntable at any time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unrelated to this post, but I was wondering if anyone has come across a rip of a single from the 1950's by Santa Claus and his Helpers. It had Santa the Happy Wanderer on one side and Santa's Laughing Song on the other. I've been looking for these two songs for a while, and any help finding them would be appreciated, hopefully here in the wild. Thank you. That would make my Christmas for sure. I guess this could be seen as a request if someone wanted to take it that far. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did not realize how prolific this family was. Thanks, Ernie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kwork, I have the single, but I don't think I've ever ripped it. Maybe next year...

    Thanks for all the comments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't think you had as a search on the blog did not turn up anything. That's why I thought I'd ask.
    Your welcome for the comments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who are these "partners" who received this special edition?

    I have been participating, so I would like a trophy, please.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm guessing it was a fundraiser thing, but I don't know. It's certainly more common that the non-partner one, so maybe it was better advertised or better distributed.

    I got your trophy right here, come and get it!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...