Friday, December 20, 2019

Another City

No share here, but you can find the related share here from a year ago. When I threw that share up last year, I mentioned that I thought there were identical albums stamped with newspapers in different cities, and here's a scan of a record to prove that. This version comes all the way from Hawaii, and has been stamped by The Honolulu Advertiser. That's a long trip for this album, but it proves my point that this record was pushed in many different cities across the US. Looks like this paper is still around, though it's now the Honolulu Star-Advertiser after a merger in 2010. Its history extends back to 1856, long before Hawaii was a US state or even a territory.  In fact, Hawaii was still a kingdom back then and was under the rule of King Kamehameha IV! How about that for a history!

5 comments:

  1. I wonder if King Kamehameha IV liked organ and chimes records. I'll bet not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for the explanation of how you acquired this. i saw the cover and began reading "the honolulu advertiser presents" and i thought, "oh no, ernie took a vacation to hawaii and spent the whole time flipping though the bins at the local goodwills".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ask Ernie to tell you what he did on his NY trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! That's the first NYC strip where I've spent time digging through the record store racks. And just because it was Christmas. And I only hit nine different record stores. I had to stop because I got sick. And my charge card quit working twice. :( But I brought home some goodies! :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...