Saturday, December 28, 2019

Glazed Ham

I've got a bunch of singles in the pile that I haven't even started sharing yet this year. This record comes from the 2015 pile though, something that I didn't get around to sharing that year, but I stumbled across it again this year and decided to go ahead and finish it up for sharing.  My collection is full of things I wanted to share, but never did, since my eyes are often bigger than my blog. I suppose I could go for quite a few seasons without ever recording anything new, but where's the excitement in that?  To me, it's all about finding something that's old, yet new to me and hopefully to you.  The name Tom Glazer should be familiar to some of you who've been paying attention, especially during Christmas In July. His name has shown up there several times, though I don't believe he ever recorded a full Christmas album.  The two sides of this 78 are things he recorded for the Children's Record Guild in 1952. To the best of my knowledge, most of their recordings have never been reissued.  This morning I'm doing a small part to remedy that situation.  This is Tom Glazer With The Gene Lowell Chorus-We Wish You A Merry Christmas/Round And Round The Christmas Tree (The Children's Record Guild 10" 78 RPM (Microgroove) 226, Mono, 1952).

1. We Wish You A Merry Christmas
2. Round And Round The Christmas Tree

MEGA

5 comments:

  1. Tom Glazer does have a Christmas album:

    https://www.amazon.com/Twelve-Days-Christmas-Carols-Songs/dp/B001J4SRQK

    I haven't heard it but I've been keeping an eye on maybe picking it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks interesting. I saw where he did a few more Christmas singles on this CRG label that I should track down. And all the covers are MCM works of art. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this 78 is fantastic! thank you for sharing! i've heard the LP, and i can say it doesn't compare to this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this share. I love Tom Glazer's educational science LPs so I knew this would be great.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...