Thursday, December 26, 2019

Boxing Day Blues

Happy Boxing Day to all of you out there who celebrate it, and happy go back to work day for those who don't.  I'm in the second category, I'm afraid, so back to work I go. But I'm not ready to stop sharing just yet, so here's another great share that you should download and save for next year.  This is the story of Jeminie the Christmas Tree, and a handful of songs that fill up the back side of the album.  There are a couple of songs in the story as well, so I clipped those out as best I could and appended them to the end as bonus tracks.  According to Discogs, there was a single that featured these bonus tracks as well, though I've no idea if my clipped versions are close to what was on the single.  If anyone has a copy, I'd love to hear it.  This story and these songs are all quite good, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.  I found this record right at the end of last season, and have been looking forward to sharing it all year long. Yet I couldn't seem to find time to finish it until here, after Christmas.  Sometimes that's just the way these things work out.  This is Wendell Watts-Jiminie The Christmas Tree (Solar Glo Records SG 1271, Stereo, 1971).

1. Jiminie The Christmas Tree
2. Just One Gift For Christmas
3. Happy Little ChristmasTree
4. Christmas In The City
5. Hush-A-Bye
6. Why Can't Every Day Be Christmas Day?
7. Christmas Is A Time For Love
8. Jiminie The Christmas Tree (Bonus)
9. The Little Christmas Tree (Bonus)
10. Jiminie The Christmas Tree-Reprise (Bonus)

MEGA

4 comments:

  1. I have *A* single, though I'm not sure what's on it (funny it never even occurred to me to included it in my "everything must go" sharing fire sale). I'll have to dig it out and see. I didn't even know there was a 12".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's pretty good stuff, but different strokes... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. can’t says that i dig it the most. but you got to admire someone who spends ten years embellishing on an idea which (if it paid off) could set him up for life. no, jiminie never was “an institution”. the best laid plans …

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...