Saturday, July 04, 2009

RIP MJ


OK, I'm no big Michael Jackson fan, but when he died on my birthday and I was in Cleveland, the home of the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, I had to go see the fuss. Sure enough, they've got a big guitar dedicated to Michael right in the lobby (where it's always been, by the way), and it was surrounded by all sorts of small, home-made, heartfelt tributes. But, for every fan who was there to remember his legacy, there was a TV camera there to exploit it. I wasn't carrying a vinyl copy of Thriller or wearing one white glove, so they didn't want to interview me. I guess I should have gotten some pictures of the many TV crews while I was there, but I didn't think about it. Michael Jackson made some good music in his lifetime, but he certainly went off the rails at some point later on. Shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...