Thursday, July 02, 2009

206 Years


Here's the story as I heard it. For their 200th anniversary in 2003, the state of Ohio commissioned an artist to go around and paint a commemorative logo on the side of one barn in each county in the state, for a total of 88 barns. Well, such a project took a number of years, but the artist started early and got one barn done in each county before the actual anniversary. Unfortunately, one barn was destroyed by a tornado after being painted but before the anniversary. He later went back and painted a second barn in that county, but none of that really matters. I just wanted to show you a picture of one of those barns. I spotted this on the side of SR 4, a few miles north of Marysville in Union County. It took me quite a bit of searching to find out exactly where I was when I took this picture, actually. I saw one other of the barns, but it was from the interstate, and I was going to fast to safely stop and take a picture. Maybe next time. I know there are a couple not to far from where I stay when I visit Ohio, so Maybe I'll make it a point of shooting some others when I go next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...