Thursday, May 10, 2007

Oodles Of Doodles CCXXXI


I mentioned a doodle by Jack Davis in my previous post (where you can actually download the LP) and here it is. I'm sure you're familiar with Jack Davis. He was an illustrator for MAD Magazine for many years, and did numerous LP covers for RCA in the fifties and sixties. This is the first time I've seen his work on the back of a record, though. Maybe I just haven't been paying enough attention, but I think I would have noticed something this cool. The LP in question is Randy Carlos And His Orchestra-Makin' Whoopee Cha Cha Cha-Introducing The Jelly Bean Merengue (RCA Victor LPM-1689, 1958). No doubt this cleaning lady is angry at the dancer after he performed the Jelly Bean Merengue on her clean floor. Or something like that.
Update: I didn't remember that I had previously posted a doodle of Spike Jones by Jack Davis here. Maybe I've posted too many doodles. Nahhhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...