Monday, August 07, 2006

Oodles Of Doodles CLXXXII


Can there be anyone out there in the history of recorded music who's more doodle worthy than Spike Jones? I think not. So from the pen of the famous MAD artist Jack Davis, here's a little bit of art from the back of Spike Jones And His City Slickers-Thank You, Music Lovers! (RCA Victor LPM-2224, 1960). The front also features a painting by Mr. Davis, this time in color. If I loved you all more, I'd scan it in, but I don't have that much energy. The front does sport a tag with the catchphrase "Spike's Funniest Hits" though, which I have taken the time to scan and share below. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Ernie, I never pictured you as a Spike Jones fan. What a treat! Thanks!


    Capt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't everyone like Spike Jones? If not, they should. They don't know what they're missing.

    Spike Jonez is pretty good, too. I love that Fatboy Slim video with Christopher Walken. I could watch that over and over and over again.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...