Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Pinky

Before I left the shop tonight, one of the guys on his way home called me and told me there were three flamingos in a pond near his house. I asked if they were really flamingos, or maybe roseate spoonbills, which I had seen there before. He wasn't sure, so when I left work, I had to drive by there. Sure enough, there were two spoonbills out on the far side of the pond. I grabbed the camera and started walking. It had rained all day, and was still drizzling, the ground was pretty soggy. About halfway around the pond, the two birds got spooked by something and took off. For whatever reason, they headed towards me, and that's when I got the shot above. I only wish it could have been a bright and sunny day, but in this case, I'm going to be happy with what I got.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...