Monday, February 26, 2007

Eagle Eye

I spotted the local neighborhood bald eagle pair this evening. There seems to be a direct correlation between how cloudy it is, and how likely they are to be perched together out in the open like this. I've never seen them out like this when it's nice and sunny, when I might be able to get a nice shot of them with some blue sky in the background. Instead, I see them out there when it's totally socked in by low cloud cover, and even slightly foggy. Thankfully, I can now get closer to them that I used to, since they've put a road through near their nest. I could probably have gotten closer than I was when I took this shot, but I was talking on the phone and shooting one-handed already, so I didn't spend the time. But someday...

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...