Friday, November 25, 2005

My Mann Sy


As a complement to the LP being shared out over at FaLaLaLaLa (You have been over to FaLaLaLaLa.com, haven't you?), I'd like to offer up some more from Sy Mann, only at the Wurlitzer this time instead of the Moog. I know, I know, the Wurlitzer organ isn't as sexy as the moog, and the arrangements weren't done by the great Jean Jacques Perrey, but it's better than nothing, right? I'll certainly be sharing out more great organ music as the weeks roll on to Christmas, so think of this as a sort of appetizer. Without any further hoo-ha, here's Sy Mann playing Everybody's Christmas Favorites Organ & Chimes (Palace XM 901). Enjoy! (Oh, the last track on side 1, God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen, has a weird sort of noise in it. That's on the record. I played it through three times and cleaned it twice, but it always came out the same. This was certainly a budget release (I peeled an original sticker for $0.99 off the front before I scanned it), so what do you expect, quality recordings?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...