Friday, November 25, 2005

Oodles of Doodles CLX-Christmas 2005


How's this for a jolly Santa Claus? I'm not nearly so jolly as he is because I have this great sleeve, but no record! The record that should be in the sleeve is Elliot Lawrence And His Orchestra-Christmas Just A Minute! (Sesac Recordings PA-221/222). Reading the liner notes informs me that this record was intended for use by radio stations as filler around advertisements or songs or what-not, and all of the tracks are approximately one minute long (thus the title). Maybe I'll stumble across a copy someday, or maybe you have one and you'd like to share it with me. Please feel free! :)

1 comment:

  1. Interesting example from a production music library. I'd love to have a copy myself. Likely very dated music beds. Material usually is ueed for commerical reads, or using a little jargon here, show "bumpers", stagers, or sweepers of a show, IE, the ID's or announcements going on and out of a show. Makes sense that all the beds are 60 secs, as this is standard, though some librraies do provide :30 versions and full length versions. again, this is standard fare in the broadcast world, but are seldom seen in the general public, as often the LP's get thrown out or destroyed another way, as updates come in, CD's replaced Lp's, etc. I have a few 100's LP's from a couple different libraries from my radio days that were going to be thrown out...great nostalgia for my basement "studio museum"

    Snarfdude
    Producer/Co-Host
    www.cheezepleeze.com

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...