Thursday, July 21, 2005

Oodles of Doodles XLIX-Christmas In July


This ring-a-ding-doodle is from the back of Lawrence Welk And His Champagne Music-Jingle Bells (Coral CRL 757186, 1957). It's a pretty nice doodle, and it's not even a Capitol or RCA Victor LP! Everybody knows about Lawrence Welk, and his infamous TV show. When I was little, I can remember leaving the room when my grandparents would watch it on TV. I was more interested in watching the Dukes of Hazzard on a different channel. It seemed like they were watching a channel that broadcast straight out of the past.
Technical note-This is the first doodle that was so large I had to scan it in two sections and paste them together in Photoshop. Not too bad of a job, if I do say so myself. The King would be proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...