Monday, July 18, 2005

Oodles of Doodles XLVI-Christmas In July


It's amazing how fast the doodles are multiplying around here. I suppose that's bound to happen when you post something every day. Today's doodle is from Hank Thompson And The Brazos Valley Boys-It's Christmas Time (Capitol/EMI ST 2154, 1964). Once again I've ended up with a foreign pressing, this time from the UK. Well, at least I have the sleeve to a foreign pressing. I wasn't paying attention on whatever day I bought this, probably just grabbing and buying at random, and when I got home, I discovered the wrong vinyl between the covers. I was sorely disappointed. I wanted to hear such tracks as "I'd Like To Have An Elephant For Christmas" and "It's Christmas Everyday In Alaska". Hmmm, I see one on eBay right now, and the seller is only a few miles from here... Wait, it's out on CD. Anyhow, it's a nice country-themed doodle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...