Tuesday, August 02, 2022

Thanksgiving In August 2022

And just like that, here we are at the end of Christmas in July. I meant to share out these Thanksgiving selections way back at the beginning, but I forgot. So here we are ending where we should have begun. But stranger thing have happened. Hope you can enjoy these tracks come the real Thanksgiving this November.

1. Here Comes The Turkey by Kay Lande from Let's Have A Party With Kay Lande (Harmony (Columbia) HL 9546 Demonstration Not For Sale, Mono, 1964). I don't think I mentioned this when I shared a Christmas track from this LP earlier in the month, but I added this LP to Discogs. It seems to have escaped everyone else's radar but mine. I like it when that happens.

2. November: Appreciation by Arthur Godfrey-Orchestra And Chorus Under The Direction Of Archie Bleyer from Arthur Godfrey's TV Calendar Show (Columbia GL 521, Mono, 1953). A rerun, but still a good track.

3. Song Of Thanksgiving by The Hollywood Tabernacle Band from Celebration Of A Century (The Salvation Army Southern California Division AEA 1307, Stereo, 1980). Yep, another Salvation Army record that I found at the Salvation Army store.

And everything else is production music.

4., 5., 6., 7., & 8. Thanksgiving Sale-Donut, -Instrumental Version 1 & 2, Intro & Tag, all from New TTS Production Music Tracks #3425 (William B. Tanner Company 3425, Stereo).

9. Turkey In The Straw from Trendsetter Volume A Disc 13 (William B. Tanner Company TRS V-A Disc 13, Stereo).

And that's it, there is nothing more in the folder. (Well, there's one track that's an edit of something I already shared. I made that to go on the eventual best-of, but I'm not going to share it here.) I did find one more record last Sunday that I could share, but I'm going to do something different with it. You should see it come Christmas time. I hope you've found plenty to enjoy this season. Don't forget to keep coming by weekly for the Christmas 78 shares, there's lots of those still to come. And I've got plenty of goodies in store for you come the Christmas season this year! Don't forget!

MEGA


5 comments:

  1. Thanks as always for everything you do around here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your support, Buster, I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your Xmas posts, but I ALWAYS look forward to the Thanksgiving tunes you find, it's a very underserved area for music and you dig up some real gems! thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, Thanksgiving is a big part of the season, so you can't ignore it. Wish I had more to share, but it's not as easy to find as Christmas music. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ernie, you do and have done so much for all of us. I offer sincere thanks and appreciation for your ongoing efforts. As I look forward at hearing my way through this lot (and shares from past years yet to be heard), I feel truly fortunate. Sharing is caring, man. Thanks, dude.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...