Monday, August 01, 2022

Chanukah In August 2022

Real quick, here are a couple of Chanukah songs I found in the midst of my Christmas search this year. One is a rerun, but one is new.

1. Mi Y'Amalel by The Weavers from The Weavers On Tour (Vanguard VSD-6537, Electronically Re-Recorded To Simulate Stereo, 1969). That's the rerun, but I couldn't pass it up.

2. Grandma's Draidel by Mickey Katz from Mickey Katz Plays Music For Weddings, Bar Mitzvahs And Brisses (Capitol T1021, Mono, 1958). And this is the new one. I know dreidel isn't spelled the same, but I'm hoping this is close enough for our purposes. According to the liner notes, draidel is a type of dance, so we'll pretend this is a Chanukah dance.

Not the best year for Chanukah songs, but there have been years when I have nothing, so I gotta take what I can get. Enjoy!

MEGA

3 comments:

  1. I don't come across many if any Chanukah records, so I think you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mazel Tov! And considering that there are even more spellings of Dreidel as there are of Chanukah, it beats a rotten kreplach. Personally, I appreciate that anyone in the Christmas blogging biz even cares enough to look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, guys! I was pretty excited to find something by Mickey Katz that I could share. I think I have a similarly-titled 78 from him that I hope to share at some point.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...