Sunday, July 31, 2022

Christmas In July 2022-Part 21

A slightly special Christmas in July selection for you today! Special, because I hadn't intended to do this one, and it's also somewhat short with only six tracks, but there's a reason for that. I had thought I was all done with the Christmas songs, but I came home with four records last Wednesday, featuring six more songs I could share with you this month. So this is those six songs from four albums, and only one of them is a rerun from past seasons!

1. & 2. I Wanna Go Skating With Willie and Pretty Snowflakes by Patti Page from the kiddie LP Patti Page Sings (Playcraft/Wing/Mercury PLP-1300, Mono, 1957). I was excited to see these tracks on a kiddie-oriented collection from Miss Patti Page, since that meant I could share them here with you. I think I've also recently shared one or both with you from 78 in my other series this year. And of course both tracks appeared on her first Christmas album, so there is that...

3. One Solitary Life by Bob Horner from On Campus (Impact HWM-1935, Mon, 1967). This is the only spoken word track on the album (all of which is otherwise sung by The New Folk). But I figured it was worth sharing here.

4. & 5. Virgin Mary Had A Son and What Star Is This? by The Rock Of Ages Broadcast Choral Groups-The Chorus from Rock Of Ages (Rock Of Ages RA-LP-1, Mono, 1962). Some Mennonite singers. I'm not certain this was the chorus part of the LP, but I thought I heard both male and female people singing in the background. My other choices were groups consisting entirely of either boys or girls, so I went with chorus.

6. The Star And The Wise Men by The Sarasota Messengers, the rerun of the day, from the LP The Sarasota Messengers Quartet/The Southern Harmony Trio (A+R 8011-47, Stereo). Again, I believe these are singers from one of the local Sarasota Mennonite groups. The back of the LP mentioned a new church building they had recently completed in 1980, so the record dates from then or shortly thereafter.

And that's it for the bonus today. Hope it was worth the download for you. Enjoy!

MEGA

I knew I shouldn't have posted this early. I found another record on Saturday.

7. The Message Of Christmas by The International Staff Band Of The Salvation Army-Conducted By Colonel Bernard Adams from Brass Impact (EMI (England) SXLP 50015, Stereo, 1973). This was from the same Salvation Army store that I found the other Salvation Army records at. Dunno if it was there the first trip and I just missed it, or if it's a new donation. I kinda think it was a new donation because I grabbed a couple of other full Christmas albums that I didn't see before. It was too good not to share this year, and I'm trying to not leave any records for next year. So enjoy this late addition!

1 comment:

  1. Those Christmas records just seem to leap into your hands wherever you go.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...