Saturday, April 23, 2022

2022 At 78 RPM-Part 17

Nothing too memorable about part 17 of anything, I'm afraid. Just another week of great Christmas music towards my goal of 52 weeks. I think we're making good progress. The Internet Archive is a pretty deep well of music, and they just keep adding to it. The recently dropped pile for April was almost as good as last months big dump, so I've got plenty to keep me going for a while. I hope you're all still enjoying the music. I'm hoping to get through my weekend this time without so much drama as last week, but you never know. Wish me luck. Here's a link to the music, and you can check out the label scans to see what I have for you. Another twenty tracks of Christmas goodness, that's all you really need to know. Enjoy!

MEGA

Update-4 Jan 2023-Added tracklist for searching.

1. Russ Morgan And His Orchestra-Vocal Chorus By Russ Morgan-A Wonderful Winter (For You And Me)
2. Ted Heath And His Music-Button Up Your Overcoat
3. Jimmie Davis With Anita Kerr Singers-Christmas Choo Choo
4. Tiny Hill And His Orchestra, Vocal Chorus By Tiny Hill And Ensemble-Jingle Bells
5. Lightening Hopkins-Blues Vocal With Guitar-Merry Christmas
6. Ruby Wright With Cliff Lash And His Orchestra And The Dick Noel Singers-Merry, Merry, Merry, Merry Xmas
7. Hoagy Carmichael And Orchestra-Vocal By Martha Mears With Tudor Williams Quartet-My Christmas Song For You
8. Slim Whitman-North Wind
9. Will Osborne And His Orchestra-Vocal Chorus By Will Osborne-Out In The Cold Again
10. Richard Jordan, Pipe Organ-Vocal Refrain By Mixed Quartette-Hark! The Herald Angels Sing (Oid Los Angeles Cantar!)
11. Zeke Clements And His Western Swing Gang-I Dreamed I Spent Christmas In Heaven (Faded In)
12. Bobby Myers (Young Mr. Appeal)-I Want A Mommy For Christmas
13. Orchester Will Glahé Mit Refraingesang-Puppen Parade (Parade Of The Dolls)
14. Andrews Sisters With Vic Schoen And His Orchestra-Sleigh Ride
15. Sally Hamlin-Francis J. Lapitino, Harpist-The Sugar-Plum Tree
16. Lenny Herman Quintet-Toyland Jubilee
17. Henry Johnson-Old Time Singin'-Guitar & Fiddle Acc.-When The Snowflakes Fall Again
18. Buddy Cole-O Little Town Of Bethlehem
19. Paulette Rollin Et Chorale-Noel
20. Richard Keys Biggs-It Came Upon The Midnight Clear






















7 comments:

  1. These are, as always, much appreciated!

    Best of luck with the new week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m reminded of an ad I saw a few years back where a guy looks up from his laptop and exclaims to his wife “I did it, I finished reading the internet!” I think running out of music on Archive is also pretty much impossible. If that resource isn’t bottomless, it so close it might as well be. Thanks for digging the depths for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't been many albums loaded on IArchive in Unlocked Recordings lately though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments, folks.

    I've hit the end of Facebook before, and the end of my Yahoo news feed, but I doubt I'll ever get to the end of the Internet Archive. :)

    And I don't pay too much attention to the albums and CDs they post, just the 78s. I think they have someone new running their fancy four-armed turntable. A bunch of the stuff I grabbed this month is missing the beginning of the music. The needle is already in the music when the table starts spinning. So they aren't putting the needles into the lead-in groove. It's pretty frustrating and time consuming, but I can usually find a correct version, but then the EQ us funny and has to be redone. The photographer is also tending to badly overexpose images, so I'm having a hard time bringing them back to readability. I suspect they put it on an exposure and just leave it there, but that doesn't work when you switch between dark and light colored labels. Quality control is slipping just a little, but hopefully they get it straightened out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for these! And I didn't know Lightnin' (or "Lightening") Hopkins ever recorded for Decca!

    ReplyDelete

  6. Slim Whitman didn't yodel. Will Christmas be safe from the Martians?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Martians have been living in fear ever since Matt Damon set up shop there!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...