Sunday, April 17, 2022

2022 At 78 RPM-Part 16

Hey gang! I'm back! Only missed a day or so due to some iffy health issues, but I'm all clear and back on the case. Now I can post the stuff I had almost ready to go for Saturday. Hardly seems like the thing I should be doing first thing after getting out of the hospital, but it's been on my mind ever since I went in. This week is another selection of great Christmas music from old 78s, a little bit of this, a little bit of that. There's always something new to discover, and this week is no exception. Thanks for all your messages of support during my brief absence, they were much appreciated!

MEGA

Edit-4 Jan 2023-Added tracklist for searching.

1. Andy Williams-Orchestra Conducted By Archie Bleyer-Christmas Is A Feeling In Your Heart
2. Byron G. Harlan-Orchestra Accompaniment-Come And Spend Christmas With Me
3. Rome Johnson With His Saddle Pals-Faded Love And Winter Roses
4. The Angelic Gospel Singers (M.W. Allison-L. Shird, E. Norris-J.McDowell)-Glory, Glory, To The Newborn King
5. Victoria Spivey And Her Chicago Four-I Ain't Gonna Let You See My Santa Claus
6. Michael Herman's Folk Orchestra-Jingle Bells
7. Boston Promenade Orchestra Conducted By Arthur Fiedler-The Skaters-Waltz (Part 1)
8. Vic Damone And The Mercury Chorale Directed By Camarata-Ave Maria
9. Florence Easton And Chorus-Holy Night (Cantique De Noël)
10. Mickey Maguire With The Keynotes-Accompaniment Directed By Johnny Douglas-The Little Fir Tree
11. Boston Promenade Orchestra Conducted By Arthur Fiedler-The Skaters-Waltz (Conclusion)
12. Vaughn Monroe And His Orchestra-Toyland (From The Operetta "Babes In Toyland")
13. The Lancers, Vocal Quartet With Orchestra & Chorus Directed By Van Alexander-'Twas The Night Before Christmas
14. Erroll Garner-Pianosolo-White Christmas
15. Stuart Hamblen With String Band Accompaniment-You Can't Kiss Santa Goodnight
16. Jan August-Piano Solo, With Orchestral Accompaniment-White Christmas
17. The McGuire Sisters-Frosty The Snowman
18. Barrère-Salzedo-Britt (Flute, Harp And 'Cello)-The Snow Is Dancing (No. 4 From "Children's Corner")
19. Major Records-Angels From The Realms Of Glory
20. Montana Slim (Wilf Carter, The Singing Cowboy)-Jolly Old St. Nicholas






















14 comments:

  1. Glad you're back and out of the hospital, Ernie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey - welcome back! So happy to see you returned to health.

    Great selection as always. That Zon-O-Phone is a real antique and the Victoria Spivey sounds racy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good that you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

  4. The Andy Williams record is apparently way older than I thought it was. Glad you're okay, Ernie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're on the mend Ernie! These look great.
    -Steve in PA

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was sorry to read that you had a medical issue. Please stay the course and be well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ernie;

    Glad to hear you are better. Our thoughts and prayers have been with you.

    AZJohn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to see you back, Ernie. I hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Ernie! Glad you're doing well. Love the Michael Herman side--I know his orchestra form its RCA Victor sides. And the Byron Harlan 78 sounds great for its age. I looked up the song, and it dates from 1909. It's kind of a late example of the type of class-consciousness-raising songs of the latter 1800s, which often had less happy endings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmm... I could have sworn I left a comment yesterday. Anyway, glad you're feeling better, and thanks for the interesting selections, especially the Byron G. Harlan mega-oldie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, all. Doctor gave me a reasonably clean bill of health today, but we'll see.

    Lee, you did leave a comment yesterday, I saw it. But when I went looking for it, I found it in the Spam file. I cleared it, so it's up now. Sorry about that. That Micheal Herman I think is part of a series on that label, lots of folky stuff. Pretty sure I've shared out others from the label, but maybe not that same artist. And I'm getting better at the older stuff. I don't do the kinda work you do on them, but I can get a little of the noise knocked down now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Ernie.
    Good you are better now. a bit good health is important.
    I Like your Xmas posts, sometimes I see unkown ones to me.
    For years I collect the real 78rpm xmas discs, and do record and do audiocleaning on them, and upload them to YouTube by Christmas time. Have a large collection now of a few hundreds, and also a lot of LP's/7inch and digital.! Have to do put them in a dbase oneday soon, because I buy double. Mine are most European records.
    Keep up the nice and good work.
    Greetings
    Fred Finnigan.
    (finnigan49) on YT.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the note, Fred. I've got a large collection of old 78s myself, but it's a whole different ball game with all the stuff at the Internet Archive! But they're certainly lacking in the EU stuff, though things turn up frequently. And I know what you mean about duplicates. I found three copies of a single recently, and that was just in a couple stacks I was working on. I hope I didn't pay too much for those. :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...