Tuesday, December 15, 2020

22-Another Scoop

High time I did another collection of random 78s pulled from the pile with no rhyme or reason. I try to make sure I've got all sorts of theme days first, then I can make a collection like this of all the random tracks that don't fit into any of my themes. But to be honest, I suspect these collections are more fun, with a very eclectic mix of Christmas music from shellac. As is the custom this year, all original rips and scans are courtesy of the fine folks at The Internet Archive, without whom I would only be able to share from my own small collection of vintage 78s, and I'm sure they wouldn't sound as good as their rips. I have gone in and done a little bit of sweetening on their music, but trust me, it's not too much. I hope you're having a great Christmas season so far, the big day will be here before you know it. I need to get busy and do some Christmas shopping one of these days, I hope it's not too late.

MEGA

Update-5 Jan 2023-Added a tracklist for searchability. 

1. Dinah Shore And Buddy Clark With Orchestra Conducted By Ted Dale-Baby, It's Cold Outside (Featured In Film "Neptune's Daughter")
2. Men About Town With Piano Accompaniment-Christmas Day-Part I: Ring Out The Bells; Silent Night; The First Noel; Hark The Herald Angels Sing
3. Eddy Duchin And His Orchestra-Vocal Chorus Stanley Worth-Don't Wait 'Till The Night Before Christmas
4. Kenny Roberts-He'll Be Coming Down The Chimney (Like He Always Did Before)
5. Kay Kyser And His Orchestra-Vocal Chorus By Ginny Simms, Harry Babbitt, Sully Mason, Ish-Kabibble-Hello, Mr. Kringle
6. Arizona Cliff Martin, Music Hall Orchestra-Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer
7. Li'l Wally And The Lucky Harmony Boys Orchestra, Vocal: Lenny & Judith-Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
8. Lee Richardson With Wen Talbert's Male Chorus, Organ Accompaniment By John L. Motley-Silent Night, Holy Night
9. Carl Journell-Music By Grady Hester And His Texsons-Skaters' Waltz
10. Jean Ellsperman And Carey Sparks-The Little Town Of Bethlehem
11. Eastern Slope Inn Orchestra Under The Direction Of Charles Zumstein-Yodel By Claire Marti-The Song Of The Ski
12. Liberty Orchestra With Singing-White Christmas
13. Fred Waring And His Pennsylvanians-Glee Club And Orchestra-Winter Wonderland
14. Harry Babbitt With The Heartbeats-Orchestra Directed By George Cates-Frosty The Snow Man
15. Music In The Russ Morgan Manner-I Want You For Christmas
16. Victor Young And His Singing Strings And Clark Dennis With The Jud Conlon Singers-Littlest Angel's Christmas
17. Ray Anthony And His Orchestra-Vocal By Ronnie Deauville-Marshmallow World
18. Harry Kari And His Six Saki Sippers-Oh! Oh! Don't Ever Go
19. Olive Kline-Soprano With Orchestra And Sleigh Bells-Sleighing Song (From "Songs Of Child World" No 1)
20. Eddy Howard And His Orchestra-The Christmas Song (Merry Christmas To You)
21. Alexander D. Richardson-Organ Solo-The Star Of The East
22. Charles Laughton-Music By Hanns Eisler-The Story of The Three Wise Men (The Gospel According To St. Matthew)
23. Frankie Laine With Harry Geller & His Orchestra, Carl Fischer-Piano-What Am I Gonna Do This Christmas


























8 comments:

  1. Another fascinating (and long!) collection, with a few things I've shared myself and many more I've never encountered. Special thanks for the Ray Anthony-Ronnie Deauville record, which I don't think I've seen before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Buster. Hope you don't mind my sharing out some of the same stuff as you have. I avoided plenty of stuff that I've seen elsewhere for a long time, but in the end I grabbed a lot of stuff that I knew was already out there, even some stuff that I've previously shared from vinyl sources. I wanted to get the widest variety of stuff possible. Even that Ray Anthony I have on a 45, IIRC. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A prolific post, Ernie! It'll take a while to listen to all of this one...and I look forward to it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to this generous grab bag, Ernie. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

  5. You want to do some Christmas shopping? As the song says, "Don't Wait Till The Night Before Christmas"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good point, Jeepster! And I'm sure that song will feature a few more times around here this season. It was a lot more popular back in the day than I realized.

    Thanks, all, for the comments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Ernie your blog is cool!!! I can't rip 78's at my blog so this is GOLDEN post for me, CHEERS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for visiting! But these 78 rips are from the Internet Archive and their Great 78 Project. I just pulled them together, cleaned them up a little, tagged them and offered them up. I can rip 78s but it's a pain.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...