Friday, January 17, 2020

Make Room For Danny

Here's another oddball 45 I found this past year, something I really wasn't expecting.  Side one of this single from Danny Thomas is a song from the TV special Cricket On The Hearth, something I've shared out around here before (and you should go grab that one, because it has a stereo version of the A side).  But the second side here appears to be unique to this single, though, and it's a nice little song.  I'm not the biggest fan of Danny's voice, but I suppose some of you are, and you'll enjoy the song itself as a nice bit of Christmas music. This is Danny Thomas-The First Christmas b/w Christmas Story (RCA Victor 7" 45 RPM 47-9342 Not For Sale, Mono, 1967).  And I think there's another single from Danny around here somewhere...

MEGA

3 comments:

  1. LOL!!! You bet I can make some room. I'm going to be a dangerous guy to be around next Christmas, what with being able to whip out Danny Thomas, RFK, Bob Ward and lord knows what else. Much appreciated ern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny what a difference a year or two can make. My older brother has told me multiple times that "Cricket on the Hearth" was one of his favorite Christmas specials growing up and he has fond memories of watching it every year, up until they stopped showing it around us. Until I got the DVD, I don't recall ever having seen it, and I don't think I've watched since.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some nice sounds on this (short) album, thank you very much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...