Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Montana The Old


I don't think I've given you any disco this year, mostly because I don't think I've found anything new, but here's something from the archives that should scratch that itch.  You may not know the name Vincent Montana, Jr., but you've heard his music.  He was a bigwig involved with the original Philly Sound & a founding member of MFSB, then he went on to found the Salsoul label where he spearheaded Christmas Jollies, the most famous Christmas disco record of all time. Later on he started up a couple other labels, recording this gem along the way.  I first shared this out in 2007, so the sound may be a little rough, but I'm sure there's something here worth listening to.  Please enjoy Montana Orchestra-Merry Christmas (MJS Records MJS 3302, Stereo, 1981) . This may have been a little past the heyday of disco the first time around, but nobody told Montana that disco had died.

1. Montana Christmas Medley
2. Get Down New Year's Eve
3. New Year's Eve One More Time (Reprise)

Zippyshare

8 comments:

  1. Very interesting. Thanks. Disco rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (And disco may have been dead by 1981, but that hairstyle most certainly was not.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that christmas-medley took me by surprise - extremely well done and with that essential "christmas-feel" intact.

    -Anyway I should have commented here long ago. Especially considering that I’ve just posted my sixth xmas-mixtape in six years and I think all of them has got at least one tune included I've originally discovered on your unique gem of a blog (while the latest has got as many as four or five). So a belated thank you and a Merry Christmas to you Ernie - and all your visitors too!

    Underneath is the link to the Xmas Delights Vol. VI C90 (which includes a link to vol. I-V as well) for anyone interested.

    http://dreamweapons.blogspot.no/2017/12/dream-weapons-present-xmas-delights-vol.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing those, Moahaha. Always a pleasure to see how people are using my shares in different ways!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this one. Thank you for more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Any chance of getting a mega link for this? I've lost all the stuff from 2017.

    Thanks either way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It'll come around again someday...

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...