Friday, December 09, 2016

Risen From The Ashes

Long week at work, still half a day left tomorrow.  No time for fancy words.  Just download Orpheus Male Choir Of Phoenix-Orpheus At Christmas (Private Pressing, No Number, Stereo, 1966).  Isn't that a great cover?  This is for my high school buddy who moved out to AZ a few years ago.  I want to go out there and visit him, and take some pictures like that!

1. The Cowboy's Christmas Prayer
2. Caroling, Caroling
3. The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting)
4. Silver Bells
5. I'll Be Home For Christmas
6. Sweet Little Jesus Boy
7. Echo Carol (by Phoenix Boys Chorus)
8. O Come All Ye Faithful (by Phoenix Boys Chorus)
9. Silent Night, Holy Night
10. Break Forth, O Beauteous Heavenly Light
11. O Bone Jesu
12. Angels We Have Heard On High (with Phoenix Boys Chorus)

Zippyshare

5 comments:

  1. good one. my mother, who doesn't like anything, will like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the "Cowboy Christmas" is pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A new link for 2018, in case anyone cares.

    https://mega.nz/#!hRNzBS5b!e3VAQxshb6um4eSLghITHvmZ8sHnzSYGy_pxKgiQtsE

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think everyone out here has - or has owned - a copy of that LP.

    My best friend and former roommate was a member for almost ten years in the mid-2000s.

    Views such as the one on the cover can be seen most every evening from the top of Dobbins Lookout, within just minutes of Downtown Phoenix.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jim, thanks for the comment. That's why I like to visit record & thrift stores when I travel. What's common here in Florida is very different than what you see in other places. Pretty sure I found this one here, though. I'm supposed to visit NM sometime next year, hopefully I can dig up some similar local color there. :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...