Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Randolph

Nobody asked for these LPs from The Randolph Singers to make a new appearance here at the blog, but I liked 'em and here they are again.  I believe that over the years I have found at least two different covers for each volume, but I've never seen the original 10" releases.  There's always something more out there to find.  Anyhow, these are good choral records recorded in the early 50's from the under-appreciated David Randolph.  Start with The Randolph Singers-David Randolph, Director-Christmas Carols Vol. 1 (Westminster WP 6022, 1951, Mono). I first shared this out back in 2010.

1. Silent Night
2. O Little Town Of Bethlehem
3. God Rest You Merry, Gentlemen
4. What Child Is This? (Greensleeves)
5. The First Noel
6. Bring A Torch, Jeanette
7. Lo, How A Rose E'er Blooming
8. Angels We Have Heard On High
9. Oh Come, All Ye Faithful
10. Let Carols Ring (Swedish)
11. Hush, Oh Heaven (Tyrolean)
12. Patapan (Burgundian)
13. Virgin's Cradle Hymn (English)
14. Carol Of The Bells (Ukranian)
15. Quid Petis, O Fili? (English)
16. Shepherds, Tell Me (French)
17. Quickly, My Friends (Provencal)
18. Lullay My Liking (English)
19. Saint Staffan (Swedish)


Zippyshare
And here's the second volume, which I shared out much earlier than volume one because I couldn't find it for a long time.  This is The Randolph Singers, David Randolph, Director-Christmas Carols-Volume 2 (Westminster WL 5200, 1952, Mono).

1. We Wish You A Merry Christmas
2. It Came Upon The Midnight Clear
3. Good King Wenceslas
4. We Three Kings Of Orient Are
5. Away In A Manger
6. Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
7. The Coventry Carol
8. The Boar's Head Carol
9. Joy To The World
10. Cantique de Noel
11. Deck The Halls
12. Cradled In A Manger
13. Sing We Noel Once More
14. How Far Is It To Bethlehem
15. The Twelve Days Of Christmas
16. Jesus, Jesus, Rest Your Head
17. O Come, O Come, Emmanuel
18. Fum! Fum! Fum!
19. I Wonder As I Wander
20. Wassail Song

Zippyshare



And then there's this nifty little promo item I found and shared with you in 2010, again featuring Mr. Randolph, et. al. I do so love it when a theme develops!  Please give a listen to David Randolph Singers-1961-A Special Christmas Music Medley (Wallace Laboratories 7" 33 RPM 1961, 1961, Mono).


Zippyshare

5 comments:

  1. Very nice of you to share these albums...
    Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for thes albums. I love them very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for those beautiful albums. I like them very much. Listen them every year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not going to refuse choral albums I missed the first time around, or lost in a drive crash. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was looking for these, Bert. Thanks so much! They are a part of my childhood and I love them!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...