Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Live At The Cleveland Zoo-Grizzly Bears


How about some grizzly bears for today's animal pictures? These are from my trip to the Cleveland MetroParks Zoo last month, as you probably know by now. I'm slowly working my way around the entire zoo in no particular order, and tonight I've gotten to the grizzly bears. These guys were huge! That's all I can say about them. They were big. I'd hate to run into one of these fellows in the wild. In their pen, they were cute and cuddly as could be, looking like big brown teddy bears, but I'm sure they are nothing like that in the wild. Just look at those claws. Imagine what they could do to you, to say nothing of the teeth these guys have.



I don't know exactly what the problem was, but both of the grizzly bears in the habitat I saw had some fur problem. Maybe it's mange or something, but they were missing large patches of fur, and the fur they had left looked a little ratty. I hope they're getting some treatment for whatever the problem is.

1 comment:

  1. that's weird, I have a zoo-bear pic (of sorts) too!

    Great photos, by the way!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...