Friday, July 05, 2024

Christmas In July '24-Day 5

I don't know about all you folks, but I had to go back to work today after getting yesterday off. No fun to come back to work for one day. I guess I should have taken the day off, but I burned all my vacation days late last year for a trip to England, Italy and Switzerland, and they haven't reset yet. So I work and work and work, even when it doesn't make any sense. Speaking of working, here are three more Christmas songs from non-Christmas albums that I recorded just for you. I think only one of these is an entirely new share from me, but the other two are still worthy of your time. I won't tell you which is which though, maybe that way you'll enjoy them all. Thanks for stopping by today, come back tomorrow for more.

1. Joe Cain And His Orchestra-I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm Cha Cha Cha (Irving Berlin Goes Latin, 1959)
2. Buck Owens' Buckaroos-Fiddle Solo By Don Rich-Greensleeves (Anywhere, U.S.A., 1969)
3. The Gregg Smith Singers-Gregg Smith, Conductor-A Virgin Unspotted (Judea) (The Continental Harmony-Music Of William Billings, 1969)

MEGA (MP3)

MEGA (FLAC)

9 comments:

  1. Nice selection! Too bad you don't have the "Greensleeves Cha-Cha-Cha," though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got the O Holy Night Cha Cha Cha, will that work? If not, I'll keep searching.

      https://ernienotbert.blogspot.com/2021/07/july-nineteenth.html

      Delete
    2. I do have in my 45 collection a Grand Award 45 from Enoch Light that has the "Baby It's Cold Outside Cha Cha" on one side.

      Delete
    3. I feel like that Enoch Light track was from one of the more popular releases on Waldorf, I Want To Be Happy Cha Cha Cha, though it's been a while since I've looked at it.

      Delete
  2. I have company for the holiday so I’m running a little late tonight:

    Joe Cain: http://artworkbymanicmark.blogspot.com/2017/10/irving-berlin-goes-latin-joe-cain.html.

    Buck Owens: https://isthmus.com/arts/vinyl-cave/buck-owens-buckaroos/

    Gregg Smith Singers: https://www.discogs.com/release/3198670-William-Billings-The-Gregg-Smith-Singers-The-Continental-Harmony-Music-Of-William-Billings

    I would love any of the Cha-Cha versions of Christmas songs. Such fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's some more cha-cha Christmas records out there, but you have to dig deep. Hugo Winterhalter, Hernando Hopkins, at least one kiddie song with non-chipmunk vocals.

      Delete
  3. I had to work on the fourth of July, too, if that makes you feel any better. The cha cha song is right up my alley and I also really enjoyed the Buck Owens track. Thank you so much, Ernie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any cha cha song is a good one. And no Buck on that track, just his Buckaroos stepping out on their own. :)

      Delete
    2. Reminds me of a Richard Pryor bit where it was just the Pips.

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...