Thursday, July 04, 2024

Christmas In July '24-Day 4

Happy Fourth of July to all, especially those of us in the USofA who get a day off of work in the middle of the week. Not sure how I'm supposed to go out and enjoy the fireworks tonight when I have to be at work at 6:30 tomorrow morning, but we'll make do somehow. For some Christmastime fireworks, download these next three tracks and turn 'em up loud when you play 'em. The new track today is a great one that first came to my attention via my friend Buster's excellent blog where he shared the whole record. I eventually tracked down a copy for myself and now I get to share this song for you as sung by one of the original composers. Enjoy!

1. Ralph Blane Accompanied By Ralph Burns' Orchestra-Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas (Martin & Blane Sing Martin And Blane, 1956)
2. Willie Dittrich-I'll Be Home For Christmas (The Singing Zither-Christmas Music & Old Time Hymns, 1969)
3. Richard Hayman And His Orchestra-Winter Wonderland (Serenade For Love, 1956)

MEGA (MP3)

MEGA (FLAC)

8 comments:

  1. Ah, now you have a name, good. :) As cool as the Portuguese cover is, mine wasn't like that. It's at Discogs, but you have to search under Richard Hayman And His Orchestra. It's a pain often. https://www.discogs.com/master/457113-Richard-Hayman-And-His-Orchestra-Serenade-For-Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always late to the party but excited to catch up after work today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the plug (and the records), pal! For anyone interested, I am preparing a post of all Martin and Blane's recordings - at least the ones I could find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Credit where credit is due. Can't believe it took me 13 years to find that record, had to order it from Discogs finally.

      Delete
    2. Yes, it doesn't show up often. It was on a small label.

      Delete
  4. Originally from a 45/78 in 1954 though. https://www.discogs.com/master/1776237-Richard-Hayman-His-Harmonica-And-His-Orchestra-Vera-Cruz-Winter-Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have the Mercury 45 in my collection. I have a separate box for all of my Christmas 45's. Great Richard Hayman harmonica solo on that one.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...