Saturday, August 20, 2022

2022 At 78 RPM-Part 34

I keep saying I'm going to stop doing this, but it's week 34 and I've got 34 tracks for you. It's getting harder and harder to do that each week, but it's also hard to stop. I need to have a lot more tracks in the pile to make it to the end of the year, but they just keep adding more to the Internet Archive and I keep downloading 'em. It's an addiction and I freely admit it. You should see me typing in Christmas key words once a month when I see they've begun to add new stuff. It's crazy for a couple days, then the new posts dry up and I go into withdrawal. It's funny and sad at the same time. No special theme today, just a large collection of random Christmas songs that are all senior citizens at this point in their life. I think you'll enjoy the playlist, even if you have to skip over the organ and chime records. Enjoy!

MEGA

Update-4 Jan 2023-Added tracklist for searching.

1. Gail Haskins-(Let's) Sing A Song Of Christmas
2. Los Angeles Symphony Orchestra-Alfred Wallenstein, Conducting-Ave Maria
3. Guy Severyns, Accompagnement d'Orchestre Sous La Direction De G. Derveaux-Bonne Nuit
4. Victor Herbert's Orchestra-Personally Directed By Victor Herbert-Dance Chinoise; Danse De Mirlitons
5. Joseph Green-Dance Of The Toy Regiment (El Baile Del Regimiento De Juguetes)
6. Ray Martin And His Orchestra-Dancing Bells (Theme From "Santa Claus Reindeer Suite")
7. Kathy March With Lawrence (Piano Roll) Cook-I'd Like To Find You In My Stocking
8. The Starlighters-Lloyd Shaffer Orchestra-La Piñata (La Peen-Yah'-Tah) (Mexican Christmas Song)
9. Johnny Moore's Three Blazers-Merry Christmas, Baby
10. Harmony Bells Orchestra-Vocal: Gene Cherry-Mr. Snowman-Polka
11. Virginie Morgan Son Orgue Électrique Et Ses Rythmes-Noel Blanc (Du Film "Noël Blanc") (White Christmas)
12. Danny Kaye With Chorus And Orchestra Directed By Vic Schoen-Santa Claus Looks Like My Daddy
13. Carl Journell-Music By Grady Hester And His Texsons-Skaters' Waltz
14. Jean Steurs Mit Seinem Musette-Orchester-Ski-Heil
15. Nelson King-That's Christmas
16. De John Sisters-Orchestra Under The Direction Of Ray Ellis-That's How Santa Claus Will Look This Year
17. Webster Booth With Orchestra-The Bells Of St. Mary's (Featured In Film "The Bells Of St. Mary's")
18. Lille Per & H.C. Andersen Med Sven Gyldmark Og Hans Tonefilmorkester-Til Julebal I Nisseland (Fra ASA-Lystspillet: Far Th Fire I Byen)
19. Pearl Five-Xmas Tree Song
20. George Wright At The New York Paramount Theatre Organ-Adeste Fidelis
21. Reggie Kay With Bernie Wyte And His Silver Bells Orchestra-Christine The Christmas Tree
22. Freddie Corcoran-Hammond Organ And Novachord-Christmas Song
23. Frankie Masters And His Orchestra-Vocal Chorus By Frankie Masters & The Masters Voices-Down In Toyland Village (In The Land Of Blocks)
24. Glenn Davis At The Hammond Organ-It Came Upon A Midnight Clear; Deck The Hall
25. Owen Bradley-Organ Solo With Chimes-O Holy Night
26. Kinderchor Mit Harmonium Und Kirchenglocken-O Tannenbaum
27. Midwest Novelty Orchestra-Silver Bell
28. Charles R. Cronham On Chimes, Marble Church, N.Y.C.-The Citizens Of Chatres
29. Fred Waring And His Pennsylvanians-Glee Club, Soloists And Orchestra-Twelve Days Of Christmas
30. Stepping Tones-Winter Wonderland (4 Bar Intro. And 2 Choruses (64 Bars) Met. Beat 152 And A 4 Bar Special Ending)
31. Richard Keys Biggs-Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
32. Bibletone-O Little Town Of Bethlehem
33. Voco Choraleers-God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
34. Artie Malvin-'Twas The Night Before Christmas




































7 comments:

  1. Ernie, MASSIVE CUMULATIVE THANKS for this incredible ongoing effort. Your technical sweetening on all these veteran recordings makes for a continuously wonderful experience. I will never skip over the organ and chime records.

    Dude, you are truly extraordinary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Stuff Ernie! You (and IA) continue to amaze. Thank you!
    -Steve in PA

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am guilty as charged of skipping over the organ and chimes records. And the organ or chimes records. But there is much of interest here, as always, so my thanks to you once again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all. Glad you're still with me this far into the year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Pearl Five "Xmas Tree Song" was a Doctor Dimento favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a confession to make. I don't think I have ever once listened to Dr. Demento on the radio. I know who he is, I've bought his collections on CD, seen him on dozens of TV interviews, even owned some of the LPs he wrote the liner notes for back in his early years when he worked at WB. But I've never heard one of his programs broadcast over the airwaves. :(

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...