Saturday, January 23, 2021

66-The Dozenth Scoop

Time for scoop number twelve, so I put a dozen tracks into the share for today, just to keep things nice and even. More and more stuff just keeps flowing out of The Internet Archive, and I'm excited to bring it to you just as long as I can.  I was excited to discover that they've started their January new music dump today, so I'll be busy searching through that for the next few days to see if there are any new songs I can share with you before I call it quits. You never know what's going to show up during this time of the month, so it can get pretty exciting for a music nerd like me. All the stuff in the pile today is older things, some songs I downloaded months ago, some from more recently, but it's all good, so have a taste!

MEGA

Update-5 Jan 2023-Added a tracklist for searchability.

1. Roy Rogers And Dale Evans With Foy Willing And The Riders Of The Purple Sage-Christmas On The Plains
2. Odeon-Orchester-Die Parade der Zinnsoldaten
3. Henry Hall & The BBC Dance Orchestra-Does Santa Claus Sleep With His Whiskers Over Or Under The Sheets?
4. Kazio Jarzebowski-Ork W. Dana-Pedza Sanki Do KoĊ›ciola.. (Sleigh Ride)
5. Frankie Laine With Paul Weston And His Orchestra And The Norman Luboff Choir, Carl Fischer At The Piano-Snow In Lover's Lane
6. Gray Gordon And His Tic-Toc Rhythm Orchestra-Vocal Refrain By Shirley Lane-That's What I Want For Christmas
7. Burl Ives-Vocal With Guitar-The Friendly Beasts
8. Allan Jones, Tenor, With Victor Symphony Orchestra, Conducted By Charles Previn-The Sleigh
9. Eddie Kirk With String Band-You Can't Pick A Rose In December
10. Curt Massey With Tony Vale And His Orchestra-Frosty The Snowman
11. Lou Monte With Hugo Winterhalter's Orchestra And Chorus-Santo Natale
12. Ray Bloch, His Choir & Orchestra-Cantique De Noel











6 comments:

  1. Another good group - and thanks for the IA tip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got to admit, I admire your tenacity.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't notice it when I first commented (there is no label), but "Does Santa Claus Sleep With His Whiskers Over Or Under The Sheets" is one of my all-time favorite Christmas records. I've had it on a compilation for many years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are a lot of records at the IA that don't have label scans, and for a long time I tried to ignore those. But there were some things that I just couldn't ignore, like a song about Santa's beard, and whether he tucked it in at night or not. So I've been dropping them in here and there as bonus tracks to be found and enjoyed. :) A couple of them I was able to find label scans elsewhere, but often they're really obscure stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ernie, I am amazed at your perseverance, and am truly thankful for your finding and further cleaning of these tracks- the sound is much better than I hear when on IA. You have truly made this season and years to come brighter with all of your gifts! - Steve in PA

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep meaning to create a post with links back to all the original rips at IA. All their stuff sounds pretty good for being raw rips, but there is room for improvement. And that's where I come in. They're just preserving what they have, which is fine. I'm taking on the position of restorer. :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...