Thursday, January 07, 2021

50-Little Bits

Something a little bit different for share #50 today. Lots of very short tracks in here, something you can use to add a little color or just filler to your mixes. I think there are 25 tracks in here, and I'm sure the total playing time is less than 30 minutes. Oh, I just checked, 19:33, so well under a minute each! I know as soon as I see more than a single song on a 78 that they're going to be short tracks, so for these I went looking for records that showed multiple tracks per side. And what you see is what I got. There are multiple tracks here by the same artist, something I was trying not to do this year, but I figured what the hey... All these records came from The Internet Archive, the place to go for quality rips of donated 78s, and then all chopped and channeled by yours truly. It's a labor of love, and I hope you enjoy it!

MEGA

Update-5 Jan 2023-Added a tracklist for searchability.

1. Tempo's Carolaires-Deck The Halls
2. Olive Kline-Soprano With Orchestra And Sleigh Bells-Merry Christmas
3. Helen Jepson, Soprano-Piano By Myrtle C. Eaver-Under the Stars
4. Tempo's Carolaires-Hark, The Herald Angels Sing
5. Helen Jepson, Soprano-Piano By Myrtle C. Eaver-I Saw Three Ships
6. Helen Jepson, Soprano-Piano By Myrtle C. Eaver-Cradle Song
7. Tempo's Carolaires-It Came Upon A Midnight Clear
8. Waldorf Music Hall Chorus And Orchestra-White Christmas
9. Victor Orchestra-March Of The Tin Soldiers (Op. 39, No. 5)
10. Artie Malvin-Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer
11. Tempo's Carolaires-We Three Kings Of Orient Are
12. Helen Jepson, Soprano-Piano By Myrtle C. Eaver-When Mary Lulled Her Babe To Sleep
13. Tempo's Carolaires-Jingle Bells
14. Helen Jepson, Soprano-Piano By Myrtle C. Eaver-Santa Claus Comes
15. Tempo's Carolaires-Joy To The World
16. Artie Malvin-Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow
17. Helen Jepson, Soprano-Piano By Myrtle C. Eaver-The First Christmas
18. Tempo's Carolaires-Oh, Little Town Of Bethlehem
19. Helen Jepson, Soprano-Piano By Myrtle C. Eaver-Silent Night
20. Tempo's Carolaires-Angels We Have Heard On High
21. The Brigadiers Quartet And Orchestra-Jingle Bells
22. Helen Jepson, Soprano-Piano By Myrtle C. Eaver-When Jesus Christ Was Born On Earth
23. Tempo's Carolaires-Oh, Christmas Tree
24. Helen Jepson, Soprano-Piano By Myrtle C. Eaver-Once In Royal David's City
25. Tempo's Carolaires-The First Noel






5 comments:


  1. I had never heard of these tiny songs, cool!

    BTW: I think the Victor "Rhythms for Children" (D-2) disc is not in the archive?

    And thanks very much for all your Christmas shares!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really interesting; I'll be listening to it this evening. Thanks! and keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gary: The IA can be maddening to search sometimes. I think many of the songs from Rhythms For Children can be found at this link:

    https://archive.org/details/78rpm?and%5B%5D=victor+orchestra+rhythms+for+children&sin=&sort=-addeddate

    Or are you saying the don't have disc 2? Well, that could be. There are plenty of incomplete sets over there...

    Geordie: Plenty more to come, but I can see the bottom of the pile from here. Not gonna make it to February. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great! Every year, I'm always looking for short tracks that will push my annual compilations right up to but not-quite 80 minutes. Plus, super-maximum quality! Thanks, Ernie! Dude, you're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you appreciate them. I've got a million more in process, but they're a pain to do since it's all the same work as a regular 3 minute song, but for only a minute or less. :(

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...