Sunday, April 19, 2020

RIP Big Wheelie

I just found out that Big Wheelie himself, Chuck Vicario, passed away recently from complications due to the novel coronavirus. I wondered why I suddenly saw this old share at the top of my popular pages list, since that list is usually whatever I've most recently posted.  Thankfully someone posted a comment and let me know that he had passed. I never met Chuck or heard him play, but I was very excited in 2018 when I found a Christmas record that he released during his brief residency here in Sarasota, FL. A local indy Christmas record is a pretty rare thing, especially a good one, and this is one of the ones I've really enjoyed. Sad to hear that he had survived so much in his life, only to be felled by a tiny virus. Stay at home, people, that's the only way we're going to beat this thing, and buy healthcare professionals and scientists the time they need to treat people and come up with a cure so life can return to normal. As for Wheelie, we'll miss him, and express condolences to his family and friends. I believe the link is still good if you want to download and listen to his Christmas album, Big Wheelie And The Hubcaps-Christmas Grease (Wheelie Records 109016, Stereo, mid-80s).

1. I Saw Mommy Kissin' Santa Claus *
2. Santa Bring My Baby Back To Me
3. Christmas Song
4. Little Saint Nick
5. Jingle Bell Rock
6. Blue Christmas
7. Rudy The Red Nose Biker *
8. Jingle Bell Twist
9. Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree
10. Sleigh Ride *
11. Stroll Lang Syne *

(* Denotes Very Unique And Should Be Listened Too! [from the back cover])

MEGA

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I did not see that coming. This was such a tremendous find of yours that I almost feels like a distant cousin has passed. Rest in Peace, Charles.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...