Sunday, July 26, 2015

The Return Of Christmas In July-Day 26

And with this post, I should be back to current.  Hooray!

Track one is Jesu, Joy Of Man's Desiring by Igor Gorin With Carmen Dragon Conducting The Symphony from Your Requests (Allied Record Sales 10" 33 RPM Red Vinyl ARS Album LP 2000, Mono, 1954).  No idea who this guy is, but I knew the conductor, Carmen Dragon, from his work on the Capitol label and his son, The Captain.

Track two is Silent Night by James A. Miller & Friends, yet another track from the album Happy Time Nursery Songs (Herald Press 10" 33 RPM HP 1001-33 1/3, Mono).  Is this the last track I have form this record?  I think so.

Track three is Spring Will Be A Little Late This Year, presented by Percy Faith And His Orchestra from their LP Percy Faith Program (Decca 10" 33 RPM DL 5349, Mono, 1951).  This is awful early Percy, before he went to Columbia.  And this is the last track I'm sharing tonight from a 10" record.  I tried to find five tracks all from the smaller LPs, but I just couldn't.

Track four is another great rerun from Ruby Murray With Norrie Paramor's Music, this time it's Christmastime In Ireland, from that classic LP Irish (And Proud Of It) (Capitol ST10327, Stereo, 1963).  Really good stuff here.

Lastly, we've got Sleigh Ride by 101 Strings from their tribute album Victor Young & Leroy Anderson (Alshire S-5012, Stereo, 1964).  Can't have too many versions of Sleigh Ride.

And that's it for today.  Go get your download, I'm off to bed.

1 comment:

  1. I can't thank you enough for all of your hard work and generosity this month, Ernie. Work is sucking the life out of me this past week, so I haven't had time to listen - as soon as I get caught up I'll come back and comment. And may I also add that your shares are sounding better than ever? Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...