Saturday, December 03, 2011

New Old Waring

One of the most popular shares ever around these parts is Fred Waring's Twas The Night Before Christmas, each and every year I get dozens of emails from people who are excited to be able to download and listen to it after losing touch with it over the years.  I thought I was familiar with all of Fred Waring's Christmas catalog though, From their early recording of The Nutcracker Suite through the later stuff on Capitol, but I'd never seen the LP I'm sharing with you tonight.  It's an ambitious recording featuring mostly music by Roy Ringwald plus a couple of Christmas standards.  And I guess those Roy Ringwald pieces have some standards built in, too.  I'm sure you'll really enjoy this addition to the Fred Waring canon.  This is Fred Waring Presents The Pennsylvanians In The Song Of Christmas (Decca DL 8084, Mono, 1948).  I think this originally came out on a set of 78s, which I've never seen, but mine is an early LP.

1. The Song Of Christmas
2. The Christmas Crib
3. The Twelve Days Of Christmas
4. White Christmas

MediaFire

4 comments:

  1. - Que gran grabaciĆ³n, excelente.
    - Destaco mucho la historia junto a los cantos.
    - En casa quedaron fascinados.
    - Excelente sonido.
    - Gracias por su trabajo querido Ernie.
    - :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, bouncy little numbers ..thank you, Ernie .. you are a Yule-tide-tune machine!!

    Thanks for all of your efforts

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful album. thanks for posting this and Merrie Christmas to you and yours...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ernie, is there any chance of re-upping this one for Christmas Season 2021? I am very interested in hearing the Christmas Crib. Thank you for all of the wonderful music you have shared over the years here, and at Buster’s.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...