Monday, July 14, 2008

Live At The Cleveland Zoo-Rhinos


Of all the creatures at the Cleveland MetroParks Zoo, the ones that looked most like living dinosaurs were the black rhinos. They looked like something out of the first Jurassic Park movie, only they were real. The big attraction was the baby of the group, shown above and at the bottom, playing with his many enrichment toys in both pictures. I guess the more enrichment items they have, the happier they are. They aren't all that different from people in that respect, now are they? The picture below is mommy rhino and below that is, I think, daddy rhino, but it may have been older sister rhino. I know that mommy rhino is mommy rhino because there was some udder-work going on when I first arrived. But I don't know if daddy is a guy or a gal...


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...