Tuesday, August 14, 2007

A Star Is Reborn


I've had two people point this out to me (Thanks!), so there must be some interest out there. I showed you this cool rotating star sign many months ago, but not long after I shared the picture, it disappeared. Turns out it was being refurbished at a sign shop in Lakeland. And they recently put the star back on it's pedestal at the Lincoln-Mercury dealer in downtown Lakeland. It turned out to be such a big deal that the local paper did a big story on it, and even posted some video of the sign doing it's thing at night. I made a detour by it yesterday to make sure I got a new picture to share with you. Now I just need to make it up there at night.

5 comments:

  1. I can't stop listening to "Bobsled" and would love to hear the rest of the following album. (It doesn't seem to be available on other blogs.)

    Strings Afire - Hermann Clebanoff

    Are you willing or able to post this album in its entirety? Thanks for your consideration.

    And, thanks so much for all your posts, especially the greater than great Christmas music!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment. To be honest, I doubt if I could even find that LP in the archives again. All of the Christmasw in July stuff is single tracks from LPs, and I almost always only record the one track. Sorry I can't help you with that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, when are you going to do your tenth-anniversary post?

    I fixed my "1997" error, by the way. I used the old strike(TEXT)/strike bit. I am the HTML Kid.

    I featured "Bobsled," too--either last Christmas or the one before. Great LP, but there's this annoying hum throughout. I'm either hearing idler wheel noise from my Dual (and its ten-lb. turntable platter), or else the Mercury engineer stuck the mike next to a coffee maker, which would mean it's in the disc itself. We'll never know.

    Some things are lost to Time. Others, to Newsweek.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you share this out, Lee? Did I filch the idea from you? I thought I had an original idea for once... :(

    I don't remember mine having a hum to it. Lemme play it and see. Nope, no sign of a hum. No sound of one, either. Perhaps you just got a bum pressing.

    Actually, I do have a tenth anniversary coming up. November will be ten years since I was diagnosed with juvenile diabetes. Not the happiest of anniversaries, but I hope to mention something on the blog about it. I think I still have my wristband from the hospital around here somewhere. That was the first time I'd ever been admitted to a hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for addressing my request regarding Clebanoff.

    I look forward to your future holiday posts.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...