Thursday, March 29, 2007

Oodles Of Doodles CCXVIII

I came across this LP today, and I loved these little doodles. They're from the front of the record, which is odd, and it's a classical LP, which is even odder. I think it's also the first record I've shared a doodle from that happens to be classical, and on the Vanguard label. So it's a whole collection of firsts. These are all from Anton Paulik Conducting The Vienna State Opera Orchestra-Hi-Fi Hi-Jinks With Strauss (Vanguard SRV-104). The front cover claims this was a demonstration record showing the great sound produced by Vanguard Quality Control. No mention is made of Stereo, so I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this predates 1958 and the introduction of the mainstream stereo record.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...