Friday, October 06, 2006

Not Quite Famous

I just noticed that Robert X. Cringely linked to my blog in his latest column! Hard to believe. I'm sure all those people that are sure to come by will look at the one single, solitary post, then move on, but it's still the big time for me. That column gets emailed out to many, many IT people (including me) on a weekly basis, and I think it will go out next week. So I'm about to get some bonus traffic. So far I've gotten a grand total of 6 hits from there, but it's only been out a short while. Just for future reference, my current hit total is 93941. Oh, the page he linked to is here, a story about how we baited a rat trap with Cheeze-Its instead of cheese or peanut butter at work.

I used to watch Mr. Cringely on PBS back in the day (Triumph Of The Nerds, I think, was the show I watched), and have read his weekly column for 5 or 6 years now. It's geeky computer stuff, and sometimes odd tales of his lovelife. I'm so excited, can you tell?

Wait a minute. There are two guys using the name Cringely? I'm confused... I guess the person I remember from TV is no longer the person writing the column. Maybe I'm not going to be so famous after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...