Sunday, December 11, 2005

Two Suns


Continuing on with the Three Sun mini-marathon, here's the boys on a long-player from 1955. I believe all of the tracks on this one are different takes from the previous issue, even though there is some overlap in the song selection. Still in mono, though. Living Stereo is still, what, two or three years ahead of them? But the arrangements are starting to get a little more out there, and the sound is much fuller. Please download and enjoy The Three Suns-The Sounds Of Christmas (RCA Victor LPM-1132, 1955).

The artist who created the painting for this cover is Doris Lee. I don't know if she made this painting for the cover, or is RCA leased the image. Either way, it's a nice image.

Almost forgot to mention... I found two slightly different back covers for this record in the archives, so I included both in the Zip file. I think they just advertise different records, but I was bored, so I scanned it in for you. Welcome to my world...

4 comments:

  1. I uploaded the Zip files in the wrong order, so I had to wait a while before I could get all the links up. They should be working now. You guys are pretty quick on the download button sometimes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems to me I've seen yet another cover of this LP that has a Christmas picture of NYC and Rockefeller Center.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I read over at the Three Suns discography that there were multiple covers for this one. But you seem to be describing the cover for one of the Dick Leibert LPs I posted last week. Could that be what you are thinking of?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, it was definitely The Suns. I have a scan of this somewhere, if I find it, I'll send it your way. It is a beautiful cover.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...