Christmas In July 2026-Part 6
1. Madison Junior And Senior Choir, David Alan Ayers-Director-Ring Those Christmas Bells (The Joy Of Christmas And Greats From America Yesterday, Today And Tomorrow)
More school singers. I think we've heard from these people before and we'll hear from them again.
2. Reginald Foort, F.R.C.O.-Nutcracker Suite: Trepak (Waltz And Ballet, 1956)
This track is from the LP shown above. It's a bit of a weird duck because they reused the reverse side for two different albums. There are two track lists on there and only one of the two listed albums had any Christmas content. I was digging though a huge stack of albums and found the other record that could go in the sleeve earlier. Found this one almost two hours later on the other side of the room, so I was happy that both of them were actually there. I feel like I had a copy of this LP and tried to record it for sharing before but the vinyl was in really poor shape. It was covered in little craters like there was too much of some chemical in the vinyl at the pressing stage and it had outgassed over the years. Hard to describe but completely unplayable. This one didn't present any such issues.
3. Gooding Amusement's German Organ-Frostie, The Snowman (Christmas With The Gooding Band Organ, 1984)
Frostie, like the drink at Wendy's, not the popular snowman of TV fame.
4. Hope Publishing Company, Somerset Press, Agape-Singing Noel (The Very Best Sacred Choral Music, 1979)
Advertising. I said there was less of this sort of thing this year and I stand by that claim. I'm hoping to get it all out of the way early and leave some good stuff for the end of the month. Just be patient.
5. The Mc Nulty Family-Miss Fogarty's Christmas Cake (A Night In Ireland With The Mc Nulty Family-Volume 1, 1958)
I think I've shared this before, but not from this particular LP. I don't know why it was typed as Mc Nulty on the vinyl instead of the expected McNulty, but that's what it said. I wonder if there was ever a vomlume two?
6. St. Cecilia's Men's Choir, Conducted By C. Irving Guyer-O Holy Night (Glory To God In The Highest, 1965)
More music from those guys at St. Cecilia. I wonder if they ever sang the Simon & Garfunkel song in lighter performance moments?
7. The Northern Illinois University Wind Ensemble-Stephen Squires, Conductor-Medley Christmas (Alfred Concert Band Music (1988), 1988)
More, slightly better advertising music.
8. Werner Müller And His Orchestra-Bugler's Holiday (Werner Müller Plays Leroy Anderson, 1964)
Leroy Anderson's less popular Christmas song that's not really a Christmas song at all, but let's pretend it is.
9. Frank Patterson-Ave Maria (Frank Patterson, 1981)
I hope this one sound OK, it was recorded really low on the vinyl. I tried to adjust for it, but it was almost down in the surface noise. I think they were trying to cram too much music onto a single LP side.
10. Jenson Publications-Away In The Manger (Jenson Publications Presents...Warner Bros. Finest For Concert Band, 1983)
Last and likely least, some more arrangement demo music. Enjoy!










Frank "Patty" Patterson. Yes!
ReplyDeleteIt's odd that you mention him. I had his Christmas LP ripped for possible sharing in December, then this track shows up for Christmas in July, but over this past weekend I found his Christmas LP on CD so I likely won't share it out.
DeleteI love "Bugler's Holiday." If it isn't a Christmas song, it ought to be.
DeleteLot's of room in it to show off. :)
DeleteLooking at the front cover art for Werner Muller, it looks as if he will be making another appearance later this month. Thanks for bringing this album to my attention.
ReplyDeleteThat's pretty likely, but there are exceptions. At least one record this month had a whole bunch of Nutcracker selections on it, but the first track had some bad skips I couldn't get past.
DeleteAnd there are two discs that I showed you pictures of earlier in the year that I couldn't get decent rips from. So just because you see it doesn't mean you're going to get it, unfortunately. :(
Ernie, this is the best playlist yet in this early Christmas in July 2026.
ReplyDeleteMy current computer, this one, is breaking down. I go through computers every three years or so. So, I bought myself a new Christmas in July one, and I am listening to Christmas music as I stress out setting it up.
I can say, I really liked the blending of these tracks. Later, I plan to do an Irish jig, yes my mother taught me that too, to track #5, you just have to do it.
My computer is 13-14 years old, and two versions of Windows out of date. I'm going to wake up one day and find it's deader than a doornail. :(
DeleteErnie - Your computer is living on borrowed time.
DeleteYeah, I know, but I'm not in a position to replace it right now. And new ones make it a little harder to connect the record player since they don't include audio inputs by default. So it's going to be a big change when it happens.
DeleteI noticed there is only replys sent to Google. Can they not be sent to other email providers?
ReplyDeleteI will be deleting or using less and less of Google.
I have no idea. I know you can change your name to anything you want if you don't have an account, but I don't know about replies. And Google will follow you anyway, they know where you live...
DeleteWell as long as my very old tablet is running I can get replys. once that is gone, then who know?
DeleteAs to my old laptop, and the one before it, you cannot drop them on their edges. Sooner or later, that area breaks.
The first one had a taped up screen because it was all breaking loose.
This one, has had a broken edge, for about a month, but it fell on its edge months ago. Now it sounds as if it as loose gravel inside. Probably broken plastic housing chips.
So, a new one was warranted. Plus, the old one was acting up.
I'm no laptop-ologist, but I know better than to drop 'em. :)
DeleteYes, I guess that is so.
DeleteI once had various Google email accounts, but I am now down to only this one.
I only use it for limited business type messages.
Besides, they want information I do not want to give them, as in a phone number.
Everyone wants a phone number it seems.
To be honest, not everyone, even has a phone number.
As with that Telegram company, not a nice company I think, in order to sign up you need a phone number to get a one time only code.
So, once I changed things, I then opted to get THREEMA. The best of its kind. No tracking, and everything safe. It is Swiss based. And you know the Swiss.
No government can get access to your chats, because they do not keep records, or something like this.
Just remember, how hard it is to get the Swiss to open up Swiss bank accounts.
They'll tell you anything you want to hear, the truth is likely to be something else, Switzerland or no.
DeleteBesides having a warped sense of humor, I can be clumsy.
DeleteI was born with having less than 100% common sense.
That describes a lot of people.
DeleteI enjoy hearing about your digging adventures as much as I enjoy the music.
ReplyDeleteNot much chance to be adventurous these days, but I try. :)
Delete