Christmas In July 2026-Part 24-Bonus!
This is an extra special bonus post of Christmas in July music, shared for no other reason than I noticed a cool theme among a handful of records I had songs to share from and I thought it would be cool. Unfortunately, I noticed it too late and some of these records are duplicates of things I have already shared out for the month. Wish I had come up with this earlier, but it's too late now. So if you want, you can delete some of these tracks since you already have them. Anyhow, the theme here is that all of these records were autographed. I don't know that they're real or fake, but I don't have any reason why someone would try to fake the autographs of folks you've never heard of. Let's dig in and see what we've got here.
1. Dick Robertson-The Mockery Of Christmas (Season's Greetings From Our Friends, 1980)We start out with a record I brought back with me from New Mexico after spending Christmas out there last year. We had a chance to visit a few actual record store in Albequerque one day and that's when I came up with this one. It was actually after Christmas but they still had some Christmas records out. This was the only thing that caught my eye and it wasn't even a real Christmas record no matter what the cover may look like. I think the company behind this record was actually a paper manufacturer, so you just never know.
2. Lloyd Lindroth And His Quartet-Holiday For Strings (Harpist's Bazaar)
Next up is a record I know I've shared already this season, but I couldn't resist revisiting it when I noticed that great autograph on the back. Love the cool little sketch of a harp in there.
3. Tuskegee Institute Choir-William L. Lawson, Director-Behold The Star (Spirituals, 1971)
This may be the most neatly-written autograph of the whole bunch, you can tell he comes from a different generation when penmanship was more import. Looks like it might have even been a fancy fountain pen, too.

Another autograph that's right there on the front cover. I hope Eva enjoyed listening to her record before it came my way. Not sure why she got rid of it, but given the age of most of these records, I doubt she was going to listen to it ever again.
6. Walter Pons Trio-Greensleeves (Frankfurt/Main: Steingenberger-Hotel Frankfurter Hof, 1960)
Last up is an autograph that comes to us all the way from Berlin. I couldn't pass up another signature with a date. I like how he mentioned his bandmates. I'm sure someone was very pleased with the special souvenir of these stay in Berlin almost 60 years ago.
And that's it, maybe I shared fewer of these previously than I thought. Looks like there's only one in here you'll need to delete if you don't want any duplicates. That's not too bad. We've still got a week to go, so keep checking back for more records, though I don't think I have any more autographs.










No comments:
Post a Comment
All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...